Queensland Flood Infomation - Telstra 000 Outage
The local Telstra exchanges impacted are Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville, Cairns, Mareeba and Mt Isa.
Police, Fire and Ambulance have established a single temporary number for emergency/Triple Zero calls, which may allow contact to be made with emergency services from some impacted areas (see below).
If you need to contact Triple-Zero and can’t use an alternative carrier you should:
1. Dial Triple Zero (000);
2. If Triple Zero is unavailable dial the number closest to your locality (see below);
3. If you are unable to make contact through either Triple Zero or the alternative numbers you should attend your local Police, Fire or Ambulance station or hospital if safe to travel
Townsville: 4750 5581 or 4750 5583
Mount Isa: 4744 1111 or 4744 1808
Cairns: 4030 7000
Mareeba: 4030 3340
Mackay: 4968 3530
Gladstone: 4971 3222
Rockhampton: Triple Zero (000) – via alternative carrier only
- 08.02.2013 Charity Auction
- Charity Auction on 16th February from 10 am-12 pm located at 4A/143 St Vincents Rd Virginia
- 01.02.2013 CONNECTED Disaster and Hardship Recovery
- Connected are hosting a MASSIVE Open Day SALE,raising much needed funds for the recent natural disasters in Australia and immediate neighbours. Fire, Flood, Cyclone - you name it - this year we've had it...
- 28.01.2013 Queensland Floods Update
- Telstra Outage Effecting 000 Calls
- 26.01.2013 Heart & Soul Men shed Forrestdale joins Connected
- Heart & Soul Men's shed from Perth joins Connected in recovery assistance for Bushfires/Floods/Cyclones/Community & Men's Health
- 11.01.2013 2nd Year Anniversary
- Connected bush fire appeal Volunteers needed urgently and donations to help out Tasmania and other country towns
- 28.11.2012 We have moved!
- Connected finds new home!
- 21.05.2012 Connected Inc. Helps Nadi Flood Victims
- Connected Inc. sent a container load of clothing, books and other essential items to assist the Nadi Flood Victims
- 23.03.2012 Second Bite gets Connected / Volunteers Get Rewarded!
- Today all volunteers at Connected got rewarded with fresh fruit pack from Second Bite for all the hard work that they are doing to help Queensland flood survivors.
- 06.03.2012 Truck of sorted and brand new donations is going to St. George
- Connected has sent 16 pallets of stock to the forgotten families in St George. Stock sent up includes non-perishable food, clothing, linen and toys. To help with distribution, our tireless volunteers spent most of last week making up over 60 individual household packs for families that include cleaning items, crockery and cutlery and other essential items.
- 24.02.2012 Suncorp Volunteer Day
- 13 Suncorp volunteers helped rescue 68 families in St George
- 14.02.2012 22 pallets of stock to Roma, including brand new cleaning products, clothing and shoes and bedding.
- This Valentines Day Connected has sent 24 pallets of stock to Roma, including brand new cleaning products, clothing and shoes and bedding. Gwen Braga, Connected's president is up in Roma this week working with many wonderful volunteers sorting out donations in the flood relief centre. Flyers are being delivered to houses in Roma to assess what is needed and every day, several trucks are taking donations to the flood relief centre in Mitchell.
- 05.11.2011 SAP Volunteer Day at Connected
- SAP Employees talking about their day helping Connected to help others.
- Pride medal of Australia Finalist
- Craig Michaels founder is Queensland Finalist in for the Pride Medal of Australia